What We Do
Main services provided by the sports development unit in partnership with C.S.A.C include the provision of:
- Training for club, coach and physical activity leader development
- Provision of opportunities to participate
- Provision of opportunities to improve performance
- Opportunity to impact on health and well being of inhabitants of the borough
- Recognition of and support of voluntary effort
- Recognition of and support of talented performers
We value the impact sport can have, when it is used to engage and develop an individuals self esteem and a community’s capacity to engage with its residents.
In partnership with C.S.A.C, key agencies and governing bodies, the sports development unit works on three key areas
- Starting well e.g. Youth Sport South, Craigavon, What to do for Boys and Girls Summer programme, and Fit for Life Scheme.
- Staying involved e.g. Over 50’s clubs, Grants for coach education, and recognising the work of volunteers
- Striving for Excellence e.g. the southern sports academy, the Craigavon school of sport and Grants, Bursaries and a sports training scheme for talented individuals.